The first 2023 issue of JSAA has just been published. It includes a diversity of research articles, reflective practice articles and book reviews. Please find it here: https://upjournals.up.ac.za/index.php/jsaa/issue/view/312Read more about 10 Years of Research on Student Affairs in Africa - JSAA - Vol. 11 Issue 1
JSAA 2023 - Two calls for papers - Vol. 11(1) "Ten Years of JSAA" and Vol. 11(2) Community Engagement and Student Affairs2022-11-29
JSAA is inviting for contributions for two specially themed issues in 2023.
(1) Ten Years of Research on Student Affairs in Africa – scholarship, theory, practice and reflection is a issue to reflect on and celebrate ten years of JSAA publishing. Full papers due: 31 January 2023. Upload directly to the JSAA UP website at https://upjournals.up.ac.za/index.php/jsaa/about/submissions
(2) Towards Engaged and Student-Centred African Universities is a guest-edited issue related to the USAf - CHE conferences of 2021 and 2022 to focus on the community engagement and student centred universities from the Student Affairs perspective. Abstract proposal due: 28 February 2023. For info and submissions email Dr Somarie Holtzhausen: email@example.com
The Journal of International Students (Scopus accredited) is inviting contributions for its special issue "Competing Global South and Global North Knowledge Sets Contending for Dominance in the post COVID-19 Higher Education Space in Africa". You can learn more about the journal on our website at ojed.org/jis
- Abstract submission due November 15, 2022
- Decision on abstracts December, 15, 2022
- Full manuscript due March 15, 2023
- Peer review of articles due April 15, 2023
- Revision draft due May 15, 2023
- Revision drafts returned (if needed) June 15, 2023
- Publication August 15, 2023
How To Submit
Submission of an article abstract (450-500 words) and author information (name, title, institution, country) in one document, to:
Submit proposal: https://forms.gle/v8rCnnLJmZ5Cao8o6
Questions to Guest Editor
Questions can be directed to:
- Dr Birgit Schreiber (firstname.lastname@example.org), Guest Editor
- Dr Juliette Torabian (email@example.com), Guest Editor
- Dr Nelson Brunsting (firstname.lastname@example.org), Special Issues Editor, JIS
LAST OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE!
Dear JSAA Colleagues, and Friends:
Please participate in this research to understand if, how, and why student affairs and services (SAS) and their institutions are supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The survey is designed to be completed by those who work in student affairs, services, and support roles. The first page will be the informed consent information.
If you are an IASAS member and have received a personalized link, you do not need to participate again. Yet, please share the following link with others, as it is our goal to have broad global participation.
Thank you so much for your participation! We believe in the power of youth and the importance of educating and empowering students about the SDGs so our students can be part of the solution for a more equitable planet. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact any of us. Thank you again!Read more about Student Affairs and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) - Global Study