Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the Cover Letter upon submission).
- The submission file is Microsoft Word format.
- The text and manuscript submission document is formatted according to the Instructions for Authors guidelines.
- An ethics statement must be included in all submissions and outlined in the Cover Letter.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Contributing authors retain full copyright of their contribution(s) to the Journal of Geography Education in Africa.
- The Journal of Geography Education in Africa is granted the first right of publication.
- The author's contributions are simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons License 4.0 International https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/. The key aspects of this license as indicated on the Creative Commons website are as follows:
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See: The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.