Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). Articles derived from a research thesis or dissertation have been indicated and the name of the institution to which it was submitted, the date of submission, the author(s), and the supervisor have been provided.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Instructions for manuscript to be sent for double-blind peer review have been followed.
Section default policy
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain full copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons License 4.0 International https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ This license lets others remix, adapt, and build upon authors' work non-commercially, as long as they credit the author and license their new creations under the identical terms that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See: The Effect of Open Access).
Declaration of conflicting interests
Authors are obliged to include a declaration of any conflicting interests as this journal follows COPE guidelines on conflict of interest during the peer review process.
The conflict of interest disclosed must be specific and include any financial or commercial relationship that all authors of the article have with any sponsoring organization.
If no declaration is made, the article may state that ‘The Author(s) declare(s) that there is no conflict of interest’.